Hello friends! With summer approaching, I know that it is “prime grilling time” for many people. I have been on the hunt for amazing recipes and trying out new techniques – and I’m excited for what is coming. No joke – OVER 30 TRI TIP RECIPES are headed your way in the months ahead. Each tri tip recipe will include a video and a downloadable PDF recipe sheet. Yikes – I better get filming!
We have made some great connections over the past few months, and I am excited about introducing some new friends to you – folks that are in the BBQ community (more specifically, the Tri Tip community).
Finally, we are developing a resource section for you. This will include a list of places to find great deals on your grilling and BBQ needs (both online and in your area). We are beginning to connect with vendors in order to bring you product reviews and…GIVEAWAYS. Hey – “free” is my favorite “F” word too!
If you haven’t connected with us on Facebook, make sure you do – all of our breaking news will be announced on our page. Get ready, friends – and I’ll see you around the grill!
Today marks the one year anniversary of The Tri Tip Guy! We continue to see a lot of new eyes every month on the website and You Tube videos – and I WANT TO THANK YOU SO MUCH for being a part of this!
In the next few months, we have some great tri tip recipes to share as well as introducing some new features to the site. There are some great things in store – so stay tuned to the Facebook page for the latest developments!
Thanks again…and I’ll see you around the grill!
The great thing about cooking tri tip is – THERE IS NOT AN OFF-SEASON! Sports leagues and vacation spots can take time off, but real grillers and BBQ fanatics go after it 365 days a year! I am looking forward to cooking through the holidays – in fact, be on the lookout for some great tri tip appetizer recipes around Thanksgiving time! Tri tip and turkey sharing space on the grill – YES! What a great summer I had in my role as “The Tri Tip Guy.” Some highlights:
1) I presented a really fun and informative web series that we ran through our Facebook page called “100 Days of Tri Tip.” Every day from Memorial Day through the Labor Day weekend, I shared great recipe ideas, cooking tips and other information to bring your tri tip cooking to the next level. It was incredible to see the involvement from so many people – even getting a great shout-out from “Chaka’s” (my favorite marinade) that brought more people to the website! We will have all of these posts on the website soon – organized by topic.
2) We catered a few events, one of which was for a first time customer. They were very successful in satisfying the hungry masses and in getting our name out there. We are in the early stages with a company right now to cater a multi-night event – by far the largest amount of tri tip we have ever cooked. I am excited about the opportunity…and asking my friends to help me out!!!
3) Our YouTube videos are a huge part in promoting the TTG brand, and we recently hit 10,000 views on our videos! This is incredible, and we are in the process of planning out some great recipe and how-to videos. More video content coming very soon!
There is a couple of things that are being worked through to bring the Tri Tip Guy to new places – new connections, partnerships, and yes – GIVEAWAYS! We are adding new content to this website this week – we will promote our newest pages on the Facebook page. Keep coming around and spread the word about the Tri Tip Guy! THANK YOU again for being a part of the TTG Nation!
There are so many great things that we are prepping for in the upcoming months with The Tri Tip Guy! Let me briefly share a couple of cool happenings…
1) We are putting together a great web series called “100 Days of Tri Tip” – which we will host both on this website and our Facebook page. From May 24 and the 99 days that follow, we will present a cooking tip, recommendation or factoid about our favorite cut of beef. This will be a lot of fun as well as provide you with a ton of great information. Get connected with us on Facebook NOW!
2) We have a number of tri tip recipes that will drop this summer – these recipes will always include step-by-step instructions and a video to see how it all looks. Do you want a great tri tip sandwich idea??? Stay tuned – we will teach you how to make “The 49er,” “The Philly Cheese Tri Tizzle” and “The Beefy Shlub.” Yeah…I named those sammiches.
3) WE HAVE T-SHIRTS! Or I should say – we are in the process of getting some T-shirts and aprons with the incredible Tri Tip Guy logo on them. These will be affordable and high-quality, not to mention fashionable and/or sexy. I don’t know about that last part, but they will be cool. Stay tuned!
Of course, there are a couple of other surprises that are on the way. I am keeping them under wraps for now, but both surprises have to do with handing out INCREDIBLE GIVEAWAYS! Thanks again for being a part of The Tri Tip Guy’s world – tell a friend about us, and I will see you around the grill!
When I started up this website, I wanted to find a way to give out tri tip information, advice and critiques in more ways than just visiting this page. I created “The Tri Tip Guy Speaks” Newsletter for that very reason – and people are loving it.
What’s the newsletter all about? Very simply, there are certain things I feel more comfortable sharing on this forum than I would be on the website. Basically, I can give you some recommendations, reviews and offer critiques on specific brands or companies without fear of reprisals from potential future partners. Wait…what? What I’m saying is – if I want to rip a local supermarket for their horrible meat department (as I have done in a previous newsletter), that is the place it will happen.
Also, I can recommend or reject products that I have used (such as reviews of BBQ sauces and dry rubs in previous newsletters). This is the key – I will only offer opinions about things that I have used myself. People can see right through those reviews from people that are just doing it to gain favor or make a buck – my integrity is never for sale, so you will get my honest opinion.
In the newsletter, we will highlight what has happened with the Tri Tip Guy since the last newsletter and let you know about our monthly giveaway. That’s right – FREE STUFF! The only way you can get free giveaways from us is by signing up for the newsletter. Last month’s winner won a three-pack of dry rubs that we recommended on our website!
SIGN UP NOW! Support the Tri Tip Guy and Tri Tip World Domination!
One of the goals of this site is to build a community of tri tip fans. This includes connecting the backyard warriors to the BBQ restaurants to the meat markets…and on and on. There is already a huge BBQ community who have connected through other sites and message boards; we want to gather new voices and join this community as well as begin a new “branch” of Tri Tip folks.
I have begun speaking with friends, restaurants and businesses about contributing and connecting to the site. This week, we will post our interview with the owner of O’Connor’s Santa Maria Grill in Orangevale, CA, as he educates us about the Santa Maria style of cooking tri tip! This was a great time interview and I’m very excited about sharing this with you.
Then next week, we will post two pages from our first contributor – a great “Tri Tip Guy” named Warren Ingalls. He has a great Tri Tip Slider recipe and we are collaborating to bring you our next addition to “Tri Tips” – a simple, step-by-step page about smoking tri tip (including a short video).
Thanks again for connecting with us! If you have something you would like to contribute, send it me: firstname.lastname@example.org We are always looking for great tri tip stuff!
Well…it’s more of a meal idea than a recipe – AND IT IS GOOD. Check out the Tri Tip Sliders page now. This meal idea will be a great hit at your next gathering.
Also, don’t forget to sign up for “The Tri Tip Guy Speaks” Newsletter – we are getting ready to send our our next issue and prepping for our first giveaway…and the only way you can qualify is to become a subscriber – so get on that!
Thanks again for coming to the ORIGINAL tri tip only site, and we will see you around the grill!
We have just uploaded a major page for the site – How to Grill a Tri Tip Roast. I have a feeling that this will become the most visited page on the site, and I’m very excited it is finished and out there.
If you haven’t signed up for the newsletter, do it now; you can sign up to the right of this post under “The Tri Tip Guy Speaks.” We just sent out our first one and it has a lot of information that won’t be found on the website (for example, I tell you which supermarkets provide the best cuts of tri tip and which stores are horrible). ALSO…we are doing a monthly giveaway that is only available to the newsletter subscribers! Our next newsletter will come out next week, so get on that!
Thanks again for visiting the site and connecting with The Tri Tip Guy!