I love taking recipes that typically use another cut of beef and replace it with tri tip. Most of the time, it turns out amazing – and this is one of those times! This easy to make tri tip recipe is a favorite with my kids – ENJOY!
1 lb. tri tip steak, cut into thin slices (about 1/4 inch thick and 2 inches long)
1/2 cup pear juice (found a small bottle in the baby food aisle!)
1/2 cup soy sauce (I prefer low-sodium as it just tastes better with this recipe)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
Bamboo skewers (as many as you need – depending on how long the cuts of tri tip are, use one skewer for every 3-4 pieces of meat)
1) Soak your skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2) Make the tri tip marinade by combining the pear juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, chili sauce, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add sliced steak. Marinate 2 hour or up to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
3) Once you are ready to start making the skewers post-marination, preheat the grill to medium-low heat (325° F).
4) While the grill is heating up, thread the tri tip pieces onto bamboo skewers. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, being careful not to let the meat get too cooked.
5) After removing the skewers from the grill, garnish with sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with rice.
Enjoy this tasty tri tip recipe!