Here is another tri tip recipe that is a favorite with adults and kids alike – and super easy to make! Thanks to Marty Owens for giving us permission to use his recipe; check his post out to see how he makes his!
Ingredients (makes 2-4 quesadillas)
1 lb tri tip, seasoned as preferred
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
Mexican cheese sauce (we used Tostito’s “Queso Blanco Dip” in our video – one spoonful per quesadilla. Although the taste was amazing, this is an optional ingredient).
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Flour tortillas (large)
2) While the tri tip is cooking, sauté your peppers and onions in butter and garlic. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes on medium-low heat; the peppers and onions should be slightly crunchy and not overcooked (because you will cook these more in couple of steps).
3) After removing the tri tip and letting it rest for 10 minutes, cut it into bite-sized strips.
4) Now it is time to assemble your quesadilla. Lay your tortilla open on a cutting board and spread some Mexican cheese sauce over the entire tortilla – just give it a thin coat. Put in your peppers and onions, followed by the sliced tri tip and grated cheese. Fold it in half.
5) Heat your grill to 300°F and lay some non-stick foil over the flame. Place the folded quesadilla on the foil and cook for 4-6 minutes.
6) Flip the quesadilla over and add shredded cheese on the top. If you have any of the peppers and onions left over, put those on top as well. Cook for 2-4 minutes (until the cheese is melted).
7) After removing it from the grill, cut the quesadilla into 3 – 4 slices. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa.
Another amazing tri tip recipe! ENJOY!
Click to download and/or print up this incredible tri tip recipe!