Another great sandwich idea – the taste combination of the tri tip, argula, and bleu cheese will have your guests begging for more!
Ingredients (makes 6-8 sandwiches)
- 2 pound tri tip roast
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- 6-8 ciabatta buns or French rolls, sliced open and lightly grilled
- For the caramelized onions:
1 large yellow onion, sliced
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Grill or BBQ your tri tip roast.
- After the tri tip is done cooking, remove it from the grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- While it is resting: In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter on medium heat and add onions. Stir occasionally until the onions soften and brown, about 7-8 minutes. Add brown sugar and stir for about a minute to combine with the butter and juices in the pan. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Slice the tri tip roast in thin slices.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing the arugula on the bun followed by the caramelized onions, 3-4 ounces of tri tip steak and blue cheese and dressing.
Optional Step: While you are caramelizing the onions, cut open the ciabatta buns or French rolls and lightly brown them on the grill or under the broiler.